PhD Student in the Laboratory of Single-Molecule Biophysics
Laboratory of Single-Molecule Biophysics at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB) (www.iimcb.gov.pl), Warsaw headed by Dr. Ewelina Małecka is inviting applications for a PhD Student.
You will join the project entitled: “From dynamics of bacterial RNA degradation to gene expression manipulation tools” which is financed by EMBO Installation Grant.
Laboratory interest: The Laboratory of Single-Molecule Biophysics is dedicated to investigating the regulation of gene expression in bacteria through in vivo and in vitro methods, employing cutting-edge single-molecule TIRF microscopy. Another research branch within the laboratory is focused on exploring host-bacteriophage relationships.
More information can be found here: https://bit.ly/3SZlc9l
Requirements for the candidate:
- MSc degree in biology, biotechnology, or a related field.
- Solid understanding of the principles of molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Hands-on experience in laboratory work.
- Previous exposure to working with RNA, protein purification, or microscopy techniques will be advantageous.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Willingness to tackle new challenges, ability to work independently, and analytical thinking.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Commitment, reliability, accuracy, and timeliness in task implementation.
- Contract under civil law until the commencement of the Doctoral School (expected in October 2024).
- Competitive salary:
- Remuneration of 4500 PLN net/month until the mid-term evaluation.
- Subsequently, an increase to approximately 5000 PLN net/month following the mid-term evaluation.
- Role exclusively dedicated to research with no teaching responsibilities.
- Discounted individual medical care package and inclusion in the MultiSport program (upon enrollment in the Doctoral School).
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
- Administrative and organizational assistance provided by proficient English-speaking staff.
Deadline for applications is 29.02.2024. Job starting date is 18.03.2024 or later.
Additional information: For information about this vacancy, you can contact: Ewelina Małecka, the lab leader, email: email@example.com
How to apply:
- Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject include “PhD_EM” and your first and last name.
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV and a motivation latter.
- Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.”. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/3UFWpY2.
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.